Dr. Mark Crislip is our guest today.
Dr. Mark Crislip
5 page CV…let’s just say he has experience!
What is the Society for Science-Based Medicine?
- A Society for a community of like-minded individuals, both in and out of health care, who support Science-Based Medicine.
- People should not suffer, die and lose hope, time and money due to pseudo-medicine.
The mission of the Society for Science-Based Medicine includes, but is not limited to,
- Educating consumers, professionals, business people, legislators, law enforcement personnel, organizations and agencies about Science-Based Medicine.
- Providing resources and information for information concerning all aspects of Science-Based Medicine. Providing a central resource for communication between individuals and organizations concerned about Science-Based Medicine.
- Supporting sound consumer health laws for the practice of Science-Based Medicine and opposing legislation that undermines Science-Based Medicine.
- Encouraging and aiding legal actions in support of the practice of Science-Based Medicine.
www.sciencebasedmedicine.org = the famous blog.
http://edgydoc.com/ = all things Mark Crislip.
Infection discussion – dental infections to hospital infections.
Joints not seen as much.
Should we take antibiotics when we brush and floss?
“Cockroaches don’t like light” – shining a light on bad practices has a tendency to weed out some…
Do you watch Portlandia?
What is the craziest alt-med claim?
Dentistry and SBM?
The influence of Ron Burgundy.
And the all important Beer Question!
Word of the Day: Cornstalk.
Thanks again to Dr. Crislip…oops, I mean Mark.
And thanks to SymphonyofScience for permission on the closing song!